VALORANT Anti-Cheat Report By Arkem

Paul “Arkem” Chamberlain, VALORANT’s anti-cheat lead, provided important information regarding VALORANT’s current state of cheat detection and prevention systems alongside making a remark on the importance of player reports in recent blog post.

Arkem highlighted it strongly that player reports are absolutely crucial for the cheat detection and prevention system to work seamlessly. He also said that Riot Vanguard, the automated anti-cheat software, also relies on player reports in certain points. To prove this, he also provided some critical statistical data about the current activity of their anti-cheat system.

Most important one is clearly the fact that 97% of all VALORANT players were never reported. In remaining 3%, more than 80% of them only received one report. This means that only a 0.6% portion of all player base is possibly problematic for the game.

This blog post has a meaningful timing though, as the recent breakout of coach spectator bug in CS:GO caused many collateral bullets against VALORANT scene too, inevitably. Since many CS:GO professionals have been switching to VALORANT and some of them include names previously confirmed to have cheated, Riot Games was going to be under a threat sooner or later. They seem to clear the waters for now, but next months should be interesting.

--

--

--

’89 model born-gamer, has a soft spot for good old fast-paced arcade taste. If has to make a choice between sword and fireball, draws out a rocket launcher.

Love podcasts or audiobooks? Learn on the go with our new app.

Recommended from Medium

Multi-Chain Cross-Gamers: Souls Of Meta Delivers the Most Intense RPG Fantasy NFT P2E Game Ever!

#GGG Partnership: L2Y

#Recap AMA — GGG x Fish Unchained

Personal Favorite Games of 2017

#GGG Partnership: League of Empires

Briefly on Heros of NFT⚔️

Lord Steve’s Decree — Issue #11

The World Health Organization could kill the gaming industry

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Can “otoyoldireği” Özel

Can “otoyoldireği” Özel

’89 model born-gamer, has a soft spot for good old fast-paced arcade taste. If has to make a choice between sword and fireball, draws out a rocket launcher.

More from Medium

Ink Experiments

VRChat 101: How to join events.

Tegronomics and the $1 Mn Tegro Grant

Homework #1 APP IDEA